[MUD-Dev] enforced roleplaying

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Sat Feb 17 19:15:42 CET 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Sanvean wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 the_logos at www.achaea.com wrote:

> Well, but we are nazis.
>
> However, aside from this, to a large extent the players are the ones
> who keep this going -- I see them instructing the newbies, and
> objecting when someone else does something that's bad.  Problems
> arise when two people's ideas of what's good roleplay varies -- but
> the best way to address that is in the documentation, by making
> things as clear as possible.  We're also got an incredibly active
> discussion board, where a lot of debate, clarification, etc. takes
> place.

But how are you nazis? I'm interested in how you guys would handle a
situation like this: Let's say that you get a report that Bob the
Wizard has been talking with other people about the fact that speed
doesn't go faster than light. How would you handle this?

> Which is not to downplay the importance of the staff, but our lowest
> level of immortals, the Storytellers, are not allowed to interact
> directly with players via sends -- they have to switch into NPCs and
> try to answer questions, solve problems while remaining in
> character.  This keeps the level of perceived fascism down (to a
> certain extent, since I do have a immortals who I feel as though I
> have to be constantly reining in due to their zeal).

How many people online do you guys peak at on a daily basis?

--matt