[MUD-Dev] Job search

Dr. Cat cat at realtime.net
Sun Feb 18 15:22:39 CET 2001

I was wondering if anyone might know of any job leads for a friend of
mine in Germany.  He's hoping to work from home if possible, as he has
been for the last few years for Avaterra.  He's done professional work
translating between German and English, writing (including articles
for several computer game magazines), developing websites, and for the
last few years he's been Community Manager for World's Away (Fujitsu's
successor to Habitat, which was spun off a while ago into a private
company).  Before that he was managing forums for Compuserve.  He also
set up the first BBS in Germany.  He's a very bright fellow, and we're
extremely pleased with the volunteer work he's been doing in community
management on Furcadia, but he needs some paying work right now.  If
you have any good leads on translation, writing, web design or even
online customer service work that he might be a good fit for, please
let me know.