[MUD-Dev] Real Life Consequences

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Mon Feb 19 18:53:51 CET 2001

J C Lawrence wrote:
> There would seem to be a different in motivation between:
>
>   I got kicked off.
>
> and:
>
>   I just got penalized $200.
>
> This if course doesn't prevent chargebacks, or more formal
> contesting of the penalty (recourse etc?) which could be more messy.

I'm not sure that this is viable for most game companies, but I
presume that Skotos may reach a point where we can charge a "deposit"
to play certain more role-playing centric games, and that if you don't
follow the rules, you loose the deposit. Otherwise, the deposit will
be refunded after a certain period of time for good behavior.

Or, equally possible, if someone had been banned but wanted a second
chance, asking for such a deposit.

-- Christopher Allen