[MUD-Dev] MUD Schools

Alex fletchra at qsilver.queensu.ca
Tue Feb 20 13:03:20 CET 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, David Bennett wrote:

> never underestimate the power of good help files.

And never underestimate the inability of people to read them.

We have well over half a megabyte of help files on VieMud and a (I
think) fairly good system to access them.  Maybe not as good as some
systems out there, but for a tinkerer, not a half-bad job.  More often
than not, we get people asking (including staff members) about
something that is in a help entry that they would have seen had they
typed "help <that word that they were asking about>".

Honestly.

Ae.