[MUD-Dev] MUD Schools

Adam Casbarian adamcas at concentric.net
Tue Feb 20 20:22:48 CET 2001

If your mud doesn't do this, you may reconsider...

within the help command, have it log any help requests that don't
exist.  As long as someone actually checks on this, you can continue
to build helps for every word that somebody attempts or simply add on
additional keywords on preexisting helps.  Helps do go a long way.

Extensive help systems are also rare since stock systems don't come
with great helpfiles.  It seems to be an overlooked feature which
makes a big difference for me when deciding where to play.  If every
new feature some k3w1 coder made on his/her mud lacks a help file to
explain it...I don't bother sticking around to pester people about it.

For those who spend the time to fill the gaps in help file systems,
kudos!  Make sure to feature that fact somewhere in your new player
information.  Teaching people how to use good helpfiles means less you
have to teach them later on.

Adam