[MUD-Dev] Persistent Worlds

Corey Crawford myrddin at seventh.net
Wed Feb 21 01:04:50 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <the_logos at www.achaea.com>

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Travis Casey wrote:
>
> > 1 - I know that *someone's* going to complain about that being in the
> >     list.  What I mean is that there is no fundamental law that
> >     prevents telepathy from being possible (as there seems to be for,
> >     say, gross-effect telekinesis or precognition).  As far as is
> >     known, telepathy doesn't exist, but it *could* exist, in theory.
>
> Shrug. Then there's no meaning to the word. Anything could exist in
> theory. The physical laws of the universe could undergo a radical
> change tomorrow. As we're not aware of the complete laws of the
> universe (if there is such a thing at all), there is no way to know
> this won't happen. If the mere possibility of something means it is
> 'real' then I do not find myself capable of thinking of anything that
> isn't real, in which case the word has no meaning and this argument is
> over.

I just want to point out that:

1) It's *my* universe
2) If *I* say it exists, it exists.. period
3) If *I* say it doesn't exist, it doesn't exist.. period
4) *I* am GOD here

So what if dragons can't exist in *this* universe. I'm not making Real
Life(tm), I'm making a whole *new* universe.

Besides, I'd rather just make stuff up rather than have to mathematically
justify everything.

PS - Sorry for all the asterisks, got carried away! :)

---
Corey Crawford | myrddin at seventh.net | www.seventh.net