[MUD-Dev] Teaching ethics in MUDs (was Re: "An essay on d00dism and the MMORPG")

Adam Casbarian adamcas at concentric.net
Thu Feb 22 21:19:09 CET 2001

Travis Nixon wrote:

> I don't quite understand the relevance of this question in the
> context it was asked, but I'll answer anyway.

I should have put this email with that other question...apologies.

Let me pose a new question:

  Even though a mud isn't really liable for player conduct outside the
  game, is it ethical to *NOT* blacklist such a person if you were to
  discover about them?

Although this seems an extreme scenario, I know of several instances
where we've had to ban people from playing whose only reason for being
on our game was to try to pick up teenage girls.  I wouldn't mind
knowing of a site which has a list of people/aliases/ip's etc. who
have been problems in the past.  I think it'd be quite beneficial as
far as tracking or identifying potentially hazardous people to allow
on your game.

Adam