[MUD-Dev] Teaching ethics in MUDs (was Re: "An essay on d00dism and the MMORPG")

Zak Jarvis zak at voidmonster.com
Fri Feb 23 01:50:02 CET 2001

I'd hoped it was apparent that it was a paraphrase, but alas it really
quite clearly wasn't.

In any event, the exact quote is now well and truly lost as it's =
scrolled off the official EQ message boards about 5 months ago.

In essence, John Smedly posted saying that they had over reacted due
to a player threatening to turn them in to one of the many rabid
Christian media-watchdog groups.

I nearly lost track of reasons they provided, but that one stuck out
in my mind.  It was also the final one that was used, and part of a
conciliatory gesture on the part of Verant towards the banned
player.

-Zak Jarvis
 Artist/Designer blah, blah, blah
 http://www.voidmonster.com