[MUD-Dev] Persistent Worlds

Jon Lambert tychomud at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 23 02:22:51 CET 2001

J C Lawrence wrote:
> Jon Lambert <tychomud at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>> It is probably too wordy for one of those spammy automated
>> real-time combat type games.  You know the games where you are
>> speed-reading looking for status clues like "The troll has disarmed
>> you and sent your weapon flying!"

> Umm, you mean GoP players play those games without customised
> clients with triggers to auto-re-wield a decent weapon for precisely
> those cases where they get disarmed?
>
> <kof>
>
> <poke>

Yeah that's how I GoP on muds.

Hmmm... maybe if I did set up all those triggers and stopped trying to
read it, enjoy it and respond manually, I could go fix myself a
sandwich, read the newspaper and only come back to the console when it
pages me that Tiamat is dead.  I would then have a better baseline in
undertanding why some consider roleplaying to require too much effort,
intensity and player attention.

*snicker*

--
--* Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD        Email:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com *--