[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Fri Feb 23 19:18:46 CET 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Jeff Freeman wrote:

> [...]

Well, from my point of view, going to everlore.com makes perfect
sense. You've probably not given players a medium in the game that is
nearly as efficient at displaying whatever data they want to display
(non-web equivalent in real world is things like books and
such). People collect data and pass it on either for free or for some
consideration. It's just the way people are. Fighting against it seems
odd.

> Not all of the players, I guess, but an awful lot of them.

> Anyway, I do agree with you though that a quest which required you
> to go talk to another player, rather than to a centaur NPC, would be
> much cooler than either the spoiler-site based thingie or "go do
> something for an npc in exchange for a trinket, which ultimately
> won't make the least bit of difference to anyone in the world,
> except maybe you - if it is a nice trinket."

That's not quite what I meant actually. I meant that there's nothing
at all unreasonable or 'cheaty' about going to a spoiler site to learn
how to do a quest. I just find it silly to bitch about players
enlisting the aid of other players in a multiplayer game.

--matt