[MUD-Dev] New Bartle article

Richard A. Bartle richard at mud.co.uk
Fri Feb 23 20:10:55 CET 2001

On 23 February, 2001, Raph Koster wrote:
>http://www.edge-online.co.uk/news_main.asp?news_id=3416
>Hey Richard, you should repost these yourself. ;)
	I wrote it because the editor of Edge Online is a former MUD2 player
who asked me to do an occasional column for him. My aim with this
particular one was to get people to think about attitudes to player death
(whether they agreed or not - I had a "be controversial" brief) rather
than take on the "party line" of whatever game they were playing.
	Sadly, judging by the response in the related forum, the article
did not have the desired effect and I got the (nowadays) usual reiteration
of how bad player killers are and how I don't understand the Way Things
Work and how everything is much better in <insert name of favourite game
here>.
	I didn't post a reference to it here because I didn't feel I'd said
anything especially new that I hadn't already said in various places
before in a less confrontational way. I'm not going to complain if people
read it, though!

		Richard