[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

John Buehler johnbue at msn.com
Tue Feb 27 11:46:06 CET 2001

msew writes:

> I don't want to belittle the quest creators (it is a hard hard job)
> but I can either spend time debating/discussing that quest which
> consist of maybe 500 words or dialogue, or I could tell everyone to
> go read George R. R. Martin's latest series and we can discuss that.
> (ie why on earth do you want to read a 100 x 500 word quests of
> little timmy lost his sword vs reading a book)

You mean why would someone want to watch a serial show instead of
reading a book?  Lots of people watched Buck Rogers for a long time.
A series of text snippets would work similarly for some number of
players.  I dunno how large that segment is, but I'm sure it would be
enlarged if the story telling abilities of NPCs were enhanced - to the
point of 3D animations in order to tell their stories.  The NPC's
voice would serve as narration.

JB