[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Tue Feb 27 11:55:31 CET 2001

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Chris Lloyd wrote:

> [...]

The thing with the net is that if one person blabs, everyone
knows. One person makes a website and it does not take long, if it's
got useful information, for that information to disseminate. You say
it's up to the mortals to decide if they want 1000xp for the quest or
10xp for the quest, but that's not how the mortals look at things.

Players don't care about macro-issues like that for the most
part. They just want to know why doing the quest doesn't give them
jack shit. As for the players trusting each other....you can trust a
few other people (sort of), but you certainly cannot trust a few
hundred, few thousand, or few hundred thousand people.

--matt