License Laws was Re: [MUD-Dev] Where's The Line Drawn

Èric Rhéa <eric@enkanica.com> Èric Rhéa <eric@enkanica.com>
Tue Feb 27 19:58:57 CET 2001

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Kyndig wrote:

> to get information about Text Games. And that is what I offer
> them. It is in the works right now under a new 'book' in the
> FAQ/HOWTO section that Dionyza is creating to post License Laws
> FAQ. ( It is because of this topic here that this new interactive
> FAQ is being written up now on this subject )

License Laws FAQ, as it relates to gaming, is something that I do not
believe I've ever encountered before. Allow me to rephrase that - I do
not believe I've ever encountered a central location that speaks about
the various licenses available and what they mean to a designer,
developer, or what have you.

Having a central repository of legal information relating totally to
games.. hrm, neat idea, but what value is it? From my perspective,
superficial as it is, there doesn't seem to be much merit in such a
thing.

I'm admittedly unfamiliar with the scene; are there really that many
variations out there?