[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #289 - 8 msgs

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Thu Jan 25 15:33:09 CET 2001

According to Dave Rickey:

> convergence is pretty much inevitable.  What that means for gaming,
> I don't even want to think about (picture Locutus of Borg walking
> down the street, waving an imaginary sword and screaming "TAUNT
> TAUNT KICK DRINK TAUNT TAUNT!!!").  And people think gamers are
> wierd *now*? ;-)

Probably not for active, reflex games like what we have now in the MUD
world. But if you start envisionning things like semi-RT strategy
games, then the guy next to you could very well be monitoring his
empire and planning his next move. Maybe against you.

Voice isn't the right way to go however (for command), particularly in
noisy environments. Chording keyboards would be a lot better (but
harder to learn, alas). Then, maybe the guy whose sight seem to be far
off is right now sweating with his (virtual) hands raised, and ready
to let the right fireball off at the dungeon boss.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: archer at nevrax.com

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!