[MUD-Dev] Libs for 3D Client/Servers

Brian Hook bwh at wksoftware.com
Tue Jul 3 23:53:38 CEST 2001

At 09:53 PM 7/3/01 -0400, Jonric wrote:

> Modules can be joined by portals so players can move from one
> single-module server to another.

I just read that on their FAQ also.  So it would seem that you could
"cluster" a world together by having a bunch of "module servers"
connected by portals locally, and effectively you would have

> Characters can be stored in a central "Vault" or locally.

This is probably the key issue more than anything else.  I assume
that if someone was going to do "Graphical Mud in a Box" for
commercial use, that the operators would want the character data to
be server side only instead of in a central vault of their control.

Of course, I don't believe Bioware/Interplay will allow for-profit
NWN servers.  I don't remember what the FAQ said about that.

Brian Hook