[MUD-Dev] [TECH] Cplant

Bruce bruce at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 8 12:01:38 CEST 2001

>From slashdot today:

http://www.cs.sandia.gov/cplant/

-- begin quote --
The Computational Plant project at Sandia National Laboratories is
developing a large-scale,massively parallel computing resource from
a cluster of commodity computing and networking components. We are
combining the knowledge and research of previous and ongoing
commodity cluster projects with our expertise in designing,
developing, using, and maintaining large-scale MPP machines. Our
goal is to provide a commodity-based, large-scale computing resource
that meets the level of compute performance needed by Sandia's
critical applications.
--- end quote ---

All under the GPL ...

There's various bits of interesting info in there and what looks
like it might be some interesting software.

It also looks like this has been around for a while and has slowly
been released over the last couple of years.

  - Bruce