[MUD-Dev] Absolute Death (legalese mode on)

shren shren at fnord.io.com
Tue Jun 19 14:52:41 CEST 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 02:17:13 -0500 (CDT), shren
> <shren at fnord.io.com> wrote:

>> I'm formally coining the phrase, "Absolute Death", or ADeath, for
>> situations where:

> I like this idea. Let me clarify a few things I think need to be
> clarified, so I can pretend I had something to do with it. (Hey, I
> was a defense contractor. What do you expect?)

Hey, I was a defense employee.  You guys got all of the money, but
we could never give you the hard parts of the problem.  Argh.  I'm
bitter, but that's predictable for a government employee.  *grin*

     * * *

  Terms:

    Record - the part of the character that can be stored in the
    database.

    Closed - not usable, playable, or copyable from within the game.
    Exists only as a testament to the character's former existance,
    tombstone style.

    Natural - a logical result of the reality created by the mud,
    accomplishable by the players without extra help from
    administrators or problems caused by bugs.

      A) The record is closed.

      B) The close is an expected consequence of natural conditions.

      C) The close is not reversable through natural actions.

      D) Should the conditions that cause this close come about, the
      record always becomes closed.

      E) A player may have a new record in the future completely
      identical to the closed record, and as long as this record is
      created naturally, and not derived from a closed record, the
      rules of Absolute Death are not breached.