[MUD-Dev] Re: licenses for RPGs (fwd)

Travis Casey efindel at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 23 08:03:16 CET 2001

Timothy Dang wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Travis Casey wrote:

>> The d20 System Reference Document has been released under WotC's
>> Open Gaming License.

> I've been trying to verify this for a while, and failing. I remember
> that that release was *supposed* to happen, but wasn't sure if it
> had happened yet, or if it had been canceled due to a change of
> heart on WotD's part.

> If you can point me towards a press release or something, I'll feel
> much better.

My mistake.  The SRD "has not yet been formally released", according
to the Open Gaming Foundation's website.  :-( However the draft
version is up at:

  http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd.html

Some other interesting stuff I found looking around there:

  http://www.dominiongames.com/index.html

has the Dominion Rules fantasy system, which is under the Dominion
Rules License (also available there).

There's also a registery of open gaming and D20 STL works, at:

  http://db.petrodatasource.com:3000/RegBrowse.php

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_     Travis S. Casey  <efindel at earthlink.net>