[MUD-Dev] Where are we now?

Madman Across the Water burra at alum.rpi.edu
Fri May 4 20:30:19 CEST 2001

Bruce wrote:

>     There are also the various server emulator projects for running
>     your own UO shard and such.  (But are any of those people on
>     MUD-Dev?)

Yup.

I'm on the dev team for POL (Penultima OnLine server emulator). It's
come up here before - Jeff Freeman's Ackadia runs on POL. My
particular bit is the default distribution of scripts that comes with
the POL core - I have nothing to do with the actual coding of the core
emulator itself (aside from having the coder's ear). I also am
creating my own UO shard on POL.

I suspect at least one other prominant POL person lurks around here,
but I'm not sure, and I have no idea if any of the UOX, Sphere, or
Other project people are around.

It's also worth noting that there are at least 3 projects I know of to
create alternate UO clients. Then all we'd need is someone willing to
create an alternate art set to totally free ourselves from EA's
intellectual property, which would likely be a good step forward.

Adam