[MUD-Dev] User interface design [was: Where are we now?]

Chambers CHAMBERB at MARIST.COM
Thu May 10 15:05:38 CEST 2001

"Adam Martin" <amsm2 at cam.ac.uk> 05/10/01 06:55AM:

> There seem to be little or no resources for free mud developers who
> don't want to develop a telnet-based user interface.

Why not instead of working on a new interface, develop a scripting
language for an interface.  Use a language like HTML to specify the
transfer method for graphics and the such, then allow the MUD to send
what kind of frames it wants... etc...  This way it is still easy to
write multiplatform (telnet is still used) but you have a powerful way
of marking up the text in such a way as to write a GUI from it.