[MUD-Dev] [OT] Taking things too far.

John Buehler johnbue at msn.com
Wed May 16 19:33:25 CEST 2001

Scott Stuart writes:
> On Tues, 15 May 2001, Matt Mihaly wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 May 2001, Frank Crowell wrote:

>>> You can't do much, but then you must not do nothing.  First, get
>>> verifiable information (without taking sides) let each person know
>>> individually that you are taking this very seriously and that you
>>> cannot legally ignore this action. Take a tough line without
>>> taking sides.

>> Actually you can ignore it. It's none of your business really. The
>> fact that two of your customers are involved in a dispute has
>> nothing to do with you legally if the threats aren't delivered on
>> your MUD.

> Thank you. This is the best advice I've received. It's nice to know
> that we don't have a legal obligation. Yet I can't help but feel
> some sort of moral obligation...

You have the same obligation as if you were running a car park and a
customer came up to you saying that some guy he knew had just
threatened his life while he was parking his car.  Personally, I'd
encourage the guy to contact the police.  I happy to hear that you do
feel an obligation to help, given that somebody appealed to you for
it.

JB