[MUD-Dev] Logical MUD Areas

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Thu May 17 00:45:44 CEST 2001

Phillip Lenhardt posted on Monday, May 14, 2001 6:37 PM:

> Has anyone bothered to analyze and compare cyberrape to obscene
> phone calls? That seems a more fitting parallel to me than actual
> rape. You can terminate a phone call, the other party is anonymous,
> an obscene call violates the normally innocuous nature of the
> medium, etc.

I hesitate to bring this up, but my thesis may prove of some value
regarding this topic.  It's still being Web-ified, and it's starting
to show its age, but I think the basic principles still apply to MUDs,
grief players, and the subject of anonymity:

http://retromud.org:3003/~talien/thesis.htm

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://www.retromud.org