[MUD-Dev] [OT] Taking things too far.

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Fri May 18 08:25:23 CEST 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001, John Buehler wrote:
> Scott Stuart writes:
>> On Tues, 15 May 2001, Matt Mihaly wrote:

>>> Actually you can ignore it. It's none of your business really. The
>>> fact that two of your customers are involved in a dispute has
>>> nothing to do with you legally if the threats aren't delivered on
>>> your MUD.

>> Thank you. This is the best advice I've received. It's nice to know
>> that we don't have a legal obligation. Yet I can't help but feel
>> some sort of moral obligation...

> You have the same obligation as if you were running a car park and a
> customer came up to you saying that some guy he knew had just
> threatened his life while he was parking his car.  Personally, I'd
> encourage the guy to contact the police.  I happy to hear that you
> do feel an obligation to help, given that somebody appealed to you
> for it.

His situation is more akin to running a car park and having someone
who has at times parked his car in your lot complaining to you that
someone else who has at times parked his car with you harrassed him at
a bar. It's really none of your business if the harrasment didn't
occur on the MUD (which it didn't in this case).

--matt