[MUD-Dev] It's just a game (?) [was: Information sharing]

Mon May 21 11:25:24 CEST 2001

"F. Randall Farmer" wrote:

> Oh yeah: I don't think that "It's just a game."  It is more than a
> game, but it is much less than a life.

Unless you make it to be more, and some might. Like a severely
disabled person perhaps with a deadly disease. Then the virtual can be
as close as you get to an unencumbered life, peerage, having "enabled"
fun with people at your own age, being able to move freely at your own
choice...

Not many create worlds for this group though, and I agree that the
suicide metaphor does not really add new perspectives.  A
marriage/affair/divorce metaphor works better...

--
Ola  -  http://www.notam.uio.no/~olagr/