[MUD-Dev] [News] NCSoft + Richard Garriott

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Mon May 21 15:50:38 CEST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Jake Song <jake at ncinteractive.com>

Whereas EQ's subscription revenues for the last quarter could not have
been more than 12 million USD, probably closer to 10.  And EQ is
bigger than UO and AC combined, so it's clear that Lineage is bringing
in about as much money as all of the "Big Three".  On the other hand,
EQ did have the revenues from the Scars of Velious expansion (as well
as any money from new sales of the RoK package), but SOE can't be
seeing all that much from it.  Ditto for the AC expansion.

Oh, BTW, as near as I can figure EQ's total gross revenues exceed
those of Diablo II (and profit margins are probably higher).  With
this big a pie to carve up, even if the MMOG market *was* full (I
don't think it's anywhere near close) there'd be room for a lot more
titles.

--Dave Rickey