[MUD-Dev] [Adm] BBSs, Access restrictions...was Logical MUD Areas

SeronisROTv3 at aol.com SeronisROTv3 at aol.com
Thu May 24 23:52:09 CEST 2001

In a message dated 5/21/01 11:46:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tychomud at ix.netcom.com writes:

> 198? - Tradewars/Star Traders - Another BBS door game.  This is such
> an influential game, at least to me.  This was a multiplayer turn
> based space trading game with a bit of combat thrown it.  You
> couldn't actually play this at the same time as another player.  You
> had X amount of moves per day.  When your moves ran out, somebody
> else got a turn.  Yes it was persistent as your merchant and fleet
> were left in the game for other players to destroy or destroy them
> if they found you.

There is a version of trade wars still running if i remember right.
www.narmir.com is running one game and i cant remember the url of the
owner of that game but they're the ones running TradeWars too.  ...
Ok nevermind that.  I just checked the Narmir link.  It has a direct
link to a running tradewars game on the homepage there.  If it was
something you really enjoyed back then its still available.  OH its
running via telnet.  I am too young to have gotten into the BBS's so i
dont know if thats how it always was or not.

Seronis  aka
Mike Estepp
ICQ 43442042