[MUD-Dev] Virtual Good Value Assertion

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed May 30 00:18:33 CEST 2001

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Eric Rhea wrote:

> If anyone on the list is currently an admin or has proper access to
> this kind of data and wouldn't mind trying this out (no logging
> enabled), feel free to plop out a price check on an item or two. I'd
> like to know if this algorithm produces results that are inline with
> what has been shown in your experience. If it calculates a value
> that is off in left field, a statement as to the system and how far
> it is off would be immensely helpful.

I tried using the form, but was unable to. Too many of the questions
assume specific designs. For instance:

  Time interval: This would make no difference in Achaea as there's no
  global cycle.

  Item decay rate: It's a fairly meaningless stat that varies
  dramatically due to some of our game systems.

  Item Displacement: I don't even know how I'd answer that.

  Player skill points total: Meaningless in the way you're using them,
  as applies to Achaea at least.

  Item Spawn time: Not really relevant as almost no items are gained
  by "spawning".

--matt