[MUD-Dev] Reality check ...(long) [was Re: Black Snow Revisited]

Fred Clift fclift at verio.net
Tue Apr 2 13:51:34 CEST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Jeff Cole wrote:

> I would also argue that liability management (with respect to any
> supposed "damage" claims that might arise per Brad's concerns
> above) is better handled in the EULA than is the extra-game
> conduct of players.  If only because then the EULA deals solely
> with ingame behaviour/activities (something in which a gaming
> company's interest is more manifest).

Why does the EULA have to 'deal solely with the ingame
behavior/activities'?  or am I misunderstanding what you are saying
here.  I would believe that any EULA could very well stipulate any
(non-illegal) condition it wanted in game, or out of game.  "This
licence is not valid for left-handed people.  If you are left-handed
you are not welcome to play Right-World!"

Fred

--
Fred Clift - fclift at verio.net -- Remember: If brute
force doesn't work, you're just not using enough.