[MUD-Dev] [TECH] Shortest-Path

William Murdick osiris at arkansas.net
Thu Apr 4 15:13:46 CEST 2002

Quick question for everyone about shortest-path
sorting/searching. Helping write a mud from the ground up and I'm
having to rewrite much of the shortest-path calculations due to the
differences in our mud design. I have an undirected graph loaded
into an adjacency list. What I want to do, of course, is trace a
path from Point A which is the NPC to Point B and then return the
entire path so that the NPC can then "walk" the path path.

Trying to figure out what the best algorithm would be to use for
this...  Djikstra, Depth-First, Breadth-First, or some other. Does
anyone have any suggestions? This is my first foray into this sort
of sorting and searching and so I am not that familiar with it all.

- William Murdick
www.thickmud.com