FW: [MUD-Dev] Star Wars Galaxies: 1 character per server

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Tue Dec 17 09:51:22 CET 2002

[Justin Stocks]

> In the long run, I'm sure that SCS will bring in more money for
> Sony. More and more players will want to have two characters on
> one server, for whatever reasons, so they'll fork over the extra
> bucks for an additional account.  Sony wins, the player, er, wins
> (?), so everyone's happy. But will it really stop there? I mean,
> we don't even know what the monthly fee will be. At this rate, I'm
> afraid it might be a bit more then the 'usual' $12.95.

I confess to only scanning Raph's hugely long explanation, but I
don't recall seeing any mention of the problems their building lot
system might have if every player had say 7 characters per
server. Suddenly, its possible for one person to own too much land
far too easily. Welcome to Dan town, I own every building!

For me that's far more compelling than any of the other reasons I
noted. Of course the answer is to just limit lot numbers by player
not character.

Dan