[MUD-Dev] Source data on Crossbow

andy.wharton at ascentialsoftware.com andy.wharton at ascentialsoftware.com
Wed Jan 23 07:18:54 CET 2002

--<cut>--
Note: This message was written via the list web archives.  There is
no guarantee that the claimed author is actually the author.
--<cut>--
Original message: http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/2002Q1/msg00214.php

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:23:22 -0800 (PST)
daggers at iquest.net wrote:

> The recoil of the weapon equals the impact of the bullet,
> energywise.  If it doesn't knock down the shooter, it won't knock
> down the target.

I'm just about to start adding some real physics to my little toy
project.

I had assumed momentum was conserved when firing a gun, not that the
energy was split 50/50 between projectile and gun. Am I wrong?

Andy.