[MUD-Dev] NWN upping the ante? Or is that too much to ask?

Azeraab azeraab at dies-irae.org
Fri Jul 5 17:54:13 CEST 2002

I'm sure I am not the only one who is disappointed with the current crop of
ORPGs.   Many of them are plagued with bland zones and tedious encounters.

Without a doubt most NWN mods not worth it, but there certainly are a few
that really shine.

Is it just a pipe dream of mine that the next generation of ORPGs will be
built by ex-NWN hackers who are into well designed and atmospheric
encounters instead of ex-MUDers who want to bury the player in text?  Or,
as I fear, will the cranial-anal amalgamation of the suits force a
continuance of the status quo?