[MUD-Dev] Re: The Future of MMOGs... what\'s next?

Vincent Archer archer at frmug.org
Tue Jul 9 10:24:46 CEST 2002

According to Damion Schubert:

> As a disclaimer, Bioware has said repeatedly that their game was
> not designed to run Persistent Worlds, and that while they didn't
> mind people trying, Bioware wasn't planning on adding features
> that supported PWs over the Tabletop experience (the Tabletop
> experience being, of course, the cornerstone of their game
> design).

So much, that the toolset is bugged in that respect, and you have to
jump thru hoops to get something to spawn repeatedly, because they
never used the feature during the official campaign and never
noticed some features were reverted.

> The toolset is an absolute dream.  I give them mad props for the
> toolset.

The toolset is nice, if quirky. What I lack is a text version. I'm
chiefly a text guy, all that mouse clicking tires me fast. There's a
lot of stuff that could be hand-edited in my favorite text editor,
then shoved into the game engine (notably conversation scripts)

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)