[MUD-Dev] Mass customization in MM***s

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Mon Jul 15 13:46:12 CEST 2002

On 7/14/02 7:30 AM, Ron Gabbard <rgabbard at swbell.net> wrote:

> Anyhow, a lot of things have changed from my original EQ
> experience back in 1999.

> I would argue that EQ is better for it.  The higher level
> characters don't have to spend time on activities they don't enjoy
> (killing low-level mobs) and the younger characters earn a boost
> in the pocketbook while providing a service which makes the game
> more enjoyable for them as well.

I agree.  I started playing some EQ again (the new player models in
the Luclin expansion really help the immersion factor for me, even
if the terrain still looks like origami).  I have been startled by
the ease with which my baby paladin could raise cash with bone chips
and spider silks, for example.  Much more pleasant than outright
"twinking".

Amanda Walker