Réf. : RE: [MUD-Dev] Mass customization in MM*** s

Yannick.Jean at csst.qc.ca Yannick.Jean at csst.qc.ca
Mon Jul 15 15:01:53 CEST 2002

From: Raph Koster

> But are casual players who do not group (eg, who form no social
> ties) going to stick anyway?

I cannot talk for the masses, but I sure did play all the major
MMORPG out there for 6-8 month each and I always kept a special kind
of hate for the pressure associated with grouping (granted, I am the
not the "I played the same game for 2 year" type). If you want to
provide casual, average joe, entertainement, please forget the whole
"My game cannot be satisfyingly experienced without a generous
amount of social interactions" trend...

Yannick Jean