[MUD-Dev] Mass customization in MM***s

lynx at lynx.purrsia.com lynx at lynx.purrsia.com
Fri Jul 19 15:37:04 CEST 2002

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Ron Gabbard wrote:

> Personally, I would keep a hard line dividing in-game occurrences
> and the flow of real-world money... particularly credits going
> back to the customer.  What happens when a new bug pops up that
> affects the outcome?  Or, a server goes down for some reason.  All
> players involved will demand some kind of refund because they've
> now been trained that money flows both ways.  The funny thing is
> that the amount of the credit would probably work out to about
> $0.02 to each player... but that would't lessen the ranting.

Don't people already expect that if the servers go down for an
unusual amount of time, they will be compensated in some fashion?
Or at least, isn't this a waterline mark for 'good customer service'
and 'accountability to customers'?

I think people already believe that their money buys them a certain
amount and quality of service.

-- Conrad