[MUD-Dev] [TECH] Preferred LPC replacement?

Damion Schubert damion at ninjaneering.com
Tue May 28 17:15:47 CEST 2002

>From Jeff Bachtel

> Specifically, I'm wondering if anything has come forward to unseat
> LPC in terms of OO, speed, syntax, stability, etc. I've seen the
> recent thread on Java... would it be possible to use Java with the
> techniques describe in a MUD environment in which semi-hostile or
> buggy code might be run? Are there other systems people are using?

We are building our commercial massively multiplayer title using
Python (which we adore for numerous reasons).  The kernel of the
server/network layer is using an open-source solution called
Twisted, which can be found at http://www.twistedmatrix.com.

Being a designer, I can't comment on it more than that with
technical authority, but I'd be happy to forward on interested
inquiries to one of our tech guys.

--d