[MUD-Dev] Grouping in MMP Games

Alex Kay yak at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 23 08:53:07 CEST 2002

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 13:54:00 -0400, Amanda Walker wrote:
> On Sunday, September 22, 2002, at 01:04  PM, Clay Fenlason wrote:

> Yep, that would be me.  If friends happen to be on at the time,
> quests & missions can be a blast.  If not, I just want to play for
> a while.  Requiring one playstyle or the other just bugs me.  I
> recently canceled my EQ account after concluding that the game
> just doesn't fit my playstyles.

Amanda pretty much summed up my feelings as well. I'm always a
little bemused by the seeming constant emphasis placed on grouping
by MMORPG developers. I dread another 'forced' implementation such
as EQ's in any game I'm looking forward to.

Having said that, I was however a little surprised by a statement by
Mark Jacobs in an online audio interview some time ago where he said
he tends to solo in these games. No doubt this has much to do with
DAoC's relative solo friendliness.

Alex