[MUD-Dev] Spike TV"s Video Game Awards

Daniel Anderson melinko at insight.rr.com
Mon Dec 15 23:30:50 CET 2003

Michael Tresca wrote:

> So here's the question: Is there a lot of advertising being shoved
> at this awards show because it's the only thing running?  Is this
> just Spike TV showing once again how unbelievably screwed up it
> is?  Is this something not even worth getting upset over?  I'm
> curious.  Because what really concerns me is that these awards are
> accurately representing the current and future player base.

I don't know if you are familiar with G4 or not, but they recently
(within the past few months) hosted their own video game award
showed title, "Gphoria" I believe.  I was not fortunate enough to
see the Spike TV awards, but the description alone created an
immediate parallel in my mind with the G4 awards.  For example,
Jenna Jameson was one of the people to accept an award (for Grand
Theft Auto: Vice City).  They also had a lot of really weird stuff
and some weird music.  If you haven't seen the actual awards show,
it is replayed on G4 every other day if you really wanted to watch
it.

-Daniel Anderson