[MUD-Dev] Spike TV"s Video Game Awards

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Tue Dec 16 00:05:26 CET 2003

Otis Viles [mailto:drey at speakeasy.org]

> I'd say the awards were a horrifically distorted representation of
> an inaccurate picture of gamers.

What disturbed me most was the heavy amount of advertising of games
during the show.  I mean duh, right?  But then it got me
thinking...that was the most fertile game advertising slot ever.
There is simply no comparable place for game companies to advertise.

Which is depressing.  The VGA was a sucking black hole of stupidity.
And that's where everyone had to gamble their advertising dollars.

Will there ever be a televised equivalent that's not made for
slack-jawed neanderthals?  Is there a MMORPG-series of awards out
there now?

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://michael.tresca.net