[MUD-Dev] Secondary characters as a mechanic

Brian Hook brianhook at pyrogon.com
Tue Feb 4 14:55:55 CET 2003

This is a wacky idea that someone has probably already thought of
and shot down, but I figured I'd toss it out and see what others had
to say.

Along with the standard "bigger stats, skills and stuff" reward
system, how about augmenting it with more simultaneous characters?

For example, you have a primary character, and as you gain power and
prestige, other characters can be added to your party.  These new
characters would be at some level of power lower than your primary
character.

These characters can be played simultaneously, but the game would
focus on the "party as character" and "primary as character".  For
example, faction would be carried at the party level.

Feel free to destroy and abuse this idea =)

-Hook