[MUD-Dev] Secondary characters as a mechanic

Paul Schwanz pschwanz at comcast.net
Thu Feb 6 09:51:47 CET 2003

Brian Hook wrote:

> For example, you have a primary character, and as you gain power
> and prestige, other characters can be added to your party.  These
> new characters would be at some level of power lower than your
> primary character.

> These characters can be played simultaneously, but the game would
> focus on the "party as character" and "primary as character".  For
> example, faction would be carried at the party level.

I've considered something similar to this idea with the addition
that the extra characters would be family members.  I think that
having the same surname is a nice IC convention for explaining *why*
faction is carried at the account level.  But I hadn't thought about
the possibility of playing them simultaneously as an adventuring
party.  When it comes to interacting with others and the game world,
how would that be different to having a main character with a number
of highly customizable pets?

--Phin