Spam: RE: [MUD-Dev] Star Wars Galaxies: 1 character per server

Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Wed Feb 12 12:19:34 CET 2003

From: "John Buehler" <johnbue at msn.com>

> Somebody recently posted about an entire game that was predicated
> on players making movies of activity in the game world and then
> sharing them.  That sounds like a feature to a game that actually
> has stuff to do, not a distinct game unto itself.

Actually, unless somebody else made a similar comment that I missed,
that was me.  I certainly didn't intend to imply that the
videomaking process would be the entire game, though.  It was just a
random spew about something that I've thought would be a very cool
feature in a game that did, in fact, have stuff to do.

:)

Depending on the implementation, it could also be used for things
like "scrying" the past, or even an incredibly useful tool for the
maintenance staff.