Spam: RE: [MUD-Dev] Star Wars Galaxies: 1 character per serve r

Koster Koster
Wed Feb 12 20:54:56 CET 2003

From: Travis Nixon
> From: "John Buehler" <johnbue at msn.com>

>> Somebody recently posted about an entire game that was predicated
>> on players making movies of activity in the game world and then
>> sharing them.  That sounds like a feature to a game that actually
>> has stuff to do, not a distinct game unto itself.

> Depending on the implementation, it could also be used for things
> like "scrying" the past, or even an incredibly useful tool for the
> maintenance staff.

Air Warrior and World War II Online both have/had very active
moviemaking communities based around their engine's ability to
capture movies of gameplay. I've seen some impressive WW2O movies in
particular. I've seen a few DAoC movies as well.

I know some of them are elaborate fictional things, but I've heard
anecdotally that some of the more organized WW2O players use them
for training their units?

-Raph