Movie-Making Games (Was RE: Spam: RE: [MUD-Dev] Star Wars Galaxies: 1 character per server)

Scott Jennings scottj at mythicentertainment.com
Mon Feb 17 12:04:30 CET 2003

From: "Damion Schubert" <damion at zenofdesign.com>

> There definitely are Dark Age movies.  However, they tend to be
> quite limited in scope, since in Dark Age, you can't really
> disconnect your camera from your avatar.  So most Dark Age movies
> tend to be 'Life Recordings' - weddings, guild initiation rites
> and memorial services for people who passed away in RL.  I do not
> know what the players use to record these.

They're generally recorded by people with people grabbing the output
from their video card to a second PC and recording that using Adobe
Premiere or a similar digital video editor.

More detail is here: http://www.rabidweasel.com/movies/howto.htm

And most actually aren't "life recordings", but either humorous
parodies or recordings of RVR
battles. http://camelotvault.ign.com/videos/ - check out any done by
Aladora for some good examples.