[MUD-Dev] MMORPG, buildings, is it bad to be just props?

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Thu Feb 20 21:56:33 CET 2003

On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 03:46  PM, Lee Sheldon wrote:

> Yet each time I approach a crafting merchant in DAOC, it's as if
> he's never seen me before.  It would be a simple matter to filter
> lists of ingredients based on my choice of craft, and previous
> purchases.  If we then give the NPC dialogue to reflect the
> changed state along the lines of a bartender asking, "The usual,
> Mr. Lush?"

I remember when this was added to AC (for magic components, before
they did away with components altogether).  You got the normal
vendor menu, typed "/fillcomps", and it automatically filled your
"buy" list with whatever you needed to get back up to whatever
"stocking" level you'd set for each component.  Made restocking much
simpler, and there was great rejoicing in the land.

In DAoC, I'd loved to have a similar facility (along with a "spiff
up the armor the usual amount, good smith..." command).  "Macros" of
this sort are not even unrealistic--if you become a "regular" at a
store or restaurant, a good staff will start to figure out how to
anticipate your needs.

Amanda Walker