[MUD-Dev] Perl - SOAP/XML - Slow?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Feb 21 13:13:31 CET 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 05:00:34 -0800 (PST)
Tom Sullivan <one4k4 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> regularly blocks/disconnects non-AOL servers from messaging AOL
>> AIM users)).

> Indeed.  And although I have the daemon running in a simple
> while(1)... loop, and sending only one (atm, probably 5) message
> per loop, I'm destined to run into that "Woah, slow down there
> buddy" pain from the AIM servers.

Its simpler than that.  Jabber servers can talk to AIM servers so
that you can use a Jabber client to IM an AIM user.  The problem is
that AOL regularly (frequently) goes about and IP-blocks such Jabber
servers such that they can't reach the AIM servers any more.

--
J C Lawrence