[MUD-Dev] Programming Languages.

Peter Peter
Thu Jul 3 00:30:34 CEST 2003

"Matthew Estes" <matt at maintree.com> wrote:

> experience doing a MUD in Erlang and what they think about it.

> Erlang seems ideal for this kind of thing as it was designed for
> writing reliable distributed client-server systems and is used in

i saw your prior post about Erlang. I know they are using it in
Ericsson, but i find it too proprietary and unsupported.  if you
want to have some extravaganzza, you can try at least something
standardised :) as for example Chill.  CHILL is a block-structured
compiled language, standardized by the ITU

  http://cgibin.erols.com/ziring/cgi-bin/cep/cep.pl?_key=Chill

Even though my company is using it, i would choose quite other path
- standard c++ with some extra wrappers, such as real time
corba. this is the path i am examining right now. and yeah, UML
too. big industry design for small muds :)

Pietro