[MUD-Dev] When will new MMORPGs that are coming out get origi nal with the gameplay?

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Tue Jul 8 12:19:45 CEST 2003

From: Mike Mormando [mailto:mike at mormando.com]

> Personally I've really got to give it up to Raph & company for the
> changes they've made in SWG for adventuring, and allowing for
> those that want to be crafters to do what they want and still
> advance in a meaningful manner.  I've YET been able to reduce it
> to another mindless hack and slash, and believe me, I've tried! ;)

It has definitely changed the template. I'm interested to see how it
pans out though as they've had to compromise on aspects of the level
& advance mechanics as well as combat rewards for the benefit of the
craft system.  Having made these changes, do people still have a
motivation to actually hunt mobs?

If not then the crafters will have a problem. A large proportion of
their market would appear to be the killers. What happens if they
all get bored and leave, the crafters won't have anyone to buy their
wares.

Dan